Monday, March 16, 2009

Cake Class


I started taking cake decorating classes with 3 friends last week. We are in course 1 and so far it has been pretty easy. Last week we learned how to make icing and bake a cake. I would say that I am a little beyond that stage but there are things in the class that I would like to learn so I am waiting until the 3rd and 4th class to learn those techniques. Tonight we spent the first 1 1/2 hours practicing and then with 15 minutes left in the class we finally started to decorate our cakes. Lisa and I had our "hands slapped" for moving on beyond the rest of the class from making stars to practicing writing. I did not pick the picture on the cake but here is a picture of my cake from class tonight. Iam not very happy with the writing but I started that part at 8:55 and we had to be out by 9:00 (30 minutes AFTER the class was supposed to end!). I believe that next week is clowns - which I am not sure I will use much but maybe we will practice making roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment