Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cakes

I have been very busy the past 4 weeks taking Cake Decorating - Course II. In this class we did not decorate a cake each night - we just learned the techniques on a practice board. Last night was our final class so we had to decorate a cake using many of the skills we learned in class. The cake was decorated in buttercream and the flowers I did at home out of royal icing (which I procrastinated so I was up until 1:30 in the morning finishing them.
Here are all the flowers I made for the final cake:
This is a pansey that our instructor made. Mine did not get painted at 1:30 am but I do love the way they look!

In the meantime, I made a cake for Vanessa and Debbie (at work) for their birthdays,
and cupcakes for National Cupcake Day (I don't even know if that day really exists but one of the schools that I work in needed a little pick-me-up so we created it - followed the next week by the Festival of Chips and Dip).

Next Monday we start Course III - Tiered Cakes and Fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment